So I am having a heck of a time trying to get pictures uploaded. I am trying one more thing which I really hope will work.
We were in Grand Cayman today, and had an excursion to swim with the stingrays. We took a boat out to a sand bar where we could stand in about 4 feet of water. The stingrays swam around us, which was pretty freaky. In fact, Kim and I completely ignored the directions of our guide when one came sort of near us - we shreiked and jumped up and down. We looked real cool I'm sure! But we got used to it and got brave enough to touch them. I later put on goggles and a snorkel and watched them underwater - it was a whole lot less scary that way! When we got back to town we had lunch at a local restaurant and had typical Caymani food - fried mahi in a tomato-type sauce, beans and rice and fried bananas. Yummy! We headed back to the boat, played some bingo and watched Great White Sea on the Lido deck as we sailed away to Jamaica. We're off to dinner and a slew of concerts now...
My attempt to upload picture failed again. Sorry!
And, uh... if you want to sent us comments, please do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your cruise sounds like great fun! I like the dolphin excursion option over the manna rays excursion! Will you have a margarita (or three!) for me?? :-) It didn't snow today, but it did yesterday. It is however very cold still! I thought you were kidding about the bare nakedness - I guess you weren't! Have fun! Patrice
I tried the other day to respond but for me it has not been easy to figure out until I clicked anonymous (thank you Patrice)....I am so happy for you two and am very glad you did not feel the need to join the others in the large group photo! I hope you are enjoying every minute of your trip. I love reading your blog.....though you have not been able to know that.We are in blizzard 2/6 here in Park City for the next few days and I am so envious of you two in a warm and sunny climate. Have a great time and please be careful....love you Mom/Lia
Will and I did the ray thing when we were in Caymen. Will didn't shriek like a girl, but he did the little girl jump when they got too close - you know the one - pulled his arms up tight to his chest and did a little hop (a shriek would have gone well with the movement). I loved it. I actually held a baby one in my arms for a while and wanted to take it home and call him snookums. Thanks for all the posts...
Post a Comment