Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thursday - The End

Thursday morning started with the alarm going off and me saying "Oh my gosh! Kim! It's 9 AM already!" When you have an inside stateroom, the line between day and night fades and it's very easy to sleep all day! This was a day at sea, so we didn't need to head out for an excursion, but there was a lot to do on the ship, so we needed to get going! First on my agenda was yoga with Jim Creegan, BNL bassist. I dropped Kim off on the Lido deck and headed up to the uppermost deck, right under the goofy red and blue "tail". There were about 100 of us squished in on our cruise beach towels - when we went down into Cobra, I had to twist my upper body so that the toes of the guy in front on me weren't in my nose! It was pretty cool doing yoga outside and looking up into the clear blue sky! Next was "Meet the Managers", a chance to ask questions of BNL's 4 managers. It was pretty interesting - people asked questions about ticket prices, fan club pre-sales, how they decide where to tour, etc. One guy asked if the group might tone down their language at concerts now that they are releasing a children's album - everyone else nearly had a fot over this and I urged the woman in front of me to respond, which she did quite eloquently.

I found Kim on the deck - we had lunch and then headed back out to the deck. I actually managed to read... in between naps... It's so hard when the sun is above and you are stretched out on a lounge chair... Actually, it was not at all hot, and the sun kept disappearing behind clouds - when it did, it was almost chilly! After our exhausting afternoon, I showered and we headed to the final Griffin House show. We thought we might print out our boarding passes first but there was a line 30 minutes before the show was to start - crazy! We waited in line so we could get a seat, and the wait was well worth it! It was an incredibly intimate show, and his gorgeous lyrics were perfectly showcased. I had caught a bit of his show on Tuesday, and Kim highly recommended his music - I am now a fan! After the show, Kim left me to shower and pack and I intended to head to the computer lounge, but I was distracted by "If I Had $1,000,000" coming from the dining room. I thought it might be the waiters at the early dinner seating doing another "show" - I think that was the plan, but no one was up on the stands... until Steve and Ed made their way down and helped each up on one. While we sang, they slow danced, bumped and grinded and chicken danced to their most familiar hit. It was a hoot!

At dinner, we met our new friends Kendra and Marc (by now this is getting to be a bit Seinfeldian - Kim and I were so proud that we made friends on the cruise and started obsessively looking for them on the boat!) and chatted longer than our waiters would have liked. They played $1,000,000 at our dinner but no Ed and Steve. :-( At long last, it was time for our BIG BNL show. We had seats on the floor, but in row P under the balcony. Eww! Our new pals were in H so we made our way up to them in the aisle and, uh, never really left. We had a great spot to view the show! It was probably one of the best BNL concerts I have seen - the guys were having a blast playing for a very appreciative crowd. They announced that there would in fact be a cruise next year and Kim, Marc, Kendra and I made a pact to be there

Despite needing to pack, I headed up to the Lido deck one last time to watch the major jam session between all the artists. As I mentioned in a previous post, this went on and on and I finally threw in the towel at 4 AM. I later heard someone say that they ended when they were told the lights visible on the horizon were Miami

Some pics


We decided to get "official" pictures taken... although the photographer really wanted us to be serious!


Me and my pal Mitch


Yoga with Jim


Jim and sweaty Jenn


With our new friends at the concert


BNL in concert


Jam session on the Lido deck

No comments: